GPS applications: a must have in your journeys
Are you about to take a journey? Do not forget to download some useful GPS navigation software to your phone.
Internet access can be a problem while you travel. But this does not mean that you should take a million of paper maps with you or a copybook full of useful information about the new place you are going to visit.
Simply the best
#1 Google Maps: professional guide
It is a voice-controlled navigation program. This program maps the best routes for car drivers, bike riders and pedestrians. It will give you access to detailed maps of more than 220 countries.
Thanks to the fact that the application is constantly connected to the internet, it keeps track of the information (about traffic jams, car accidents) in real-time mode. The program can also offer you an alternative route to avoid traffic jams.
Pros: will show you places of interests, traffic jams and car accidents in real time 3D mode.
Cons: this program needs constant internet access.
# 2 Triposo
This is a travel guide that includes 8 000 directions, and precise information about the country or a specific city. In its database you can find maps, hotels, restaurants, shops and sightseeing objects.
It will help you choose a tour or just an entertainment in the city you are going to visit.
- extensive database of cities;
- possibility to keep travel notes.
- the info could be organized in a more logical way
- does not show public transport maps
A true catch for bike riders
This application is especially useful for bike riders. You can look for routes and treks for biketrips in different cities and create your own routes. This is not only a navigation app, but an app that allows you to keep a nutrition diary.
- best available route creation toolset;
- sharing maps and routes with your friends is easy;
- good route overview screens, with the rating of climbs and elevation gain stats.
- More advanced features require monthly subscription
Good for all types of journeys
A free app that contains offline maps of all the countries in the world. You should just choose the place you need on the map, download the application to your phone or data tablet. Then you can enjoy using an application offline.
- easy and quick to use;
- access to detailed maps offline;
- your location on the map will move with you;
- find all kinds of attractions marked on the map;
- share your location by email or SMS;
- no in-app purchases necessary;
- maps do not use up tons of your device’s memory resources.
- there have been some minor bugs, which now seem to be fixed.
#5 Navitel: designed for trips in the wild
With this program you will never get lost on the periphery, and when you create your route, the application will always prompt you how to shortcut the way.
Pros: maps are too detailed.
Cons: this software is not free and resource-intensive.
Get ready to exciting journey right now! With the help of all this wonderful applications you will never get lost even in an unfamiliar place.