Family road trip. Traveling by car vs. traveling by plane
If you are planning a kids-oriented family road trip, do not forget about yourself! Only happy and rested parents can make their children happy.
Traveling by car: thumbs up!
- Saving money: if your kids are older than two years old, most likely you will have to pay 90 % of the adult air ticket price.
- Flexibility and freedom in planning your trip.
- Сlear conscience when kidscry and throw their toys about. On a plane, parents may feel uncomfortable that they cannot stop a plane and comfort their beloved child.
- Quantity of your luggage: you can put almost everything in your car, from a needle to a motorboat.
Traveling by car: thumbs down!
- Children may get tired: they are bored when they just sit, children need some motion.
- Long wait at frontier posts: sometimes you have to wait for more than just a couple of hours and frontier posts do not have children’s playgrounds!
- Worse safety of travelers: the risk of a car accident is higher than the risk of a plane crash.
- Your car may need car service.
List of things to take with you
- Car Power Inverter
- Window curtains, warm socks, your kid’s favourite toy and a lap blanket.
- RNSacigarettelighter into an ordinary electrical outlet.
- Electric kettle, better the oneoperatingfromcigarette lighter.
- A cooling box for food.
- Food for your kids in small packs.
- Wet and dry wipes, diapers if needed,antibacterial gel, traveling chamber utensil.
- 5-liter water tank.
- Your standard first aid kit, medicines for motion sickness, remedies for your kids if they take any.
- Garbage bags.
- It would be perfect if your car would be equipped with an air conditionerand a roofrack.
- Spare parts and a tool kit for your car.
Situations to get ready for
- To prevent physical fatigue one should stop more often and provide yourself with apillow and a lap blanket.
- Moral fatigue. A little child cannotconcentrate on one activity for more than 10-15 minutes. An adult should alter games with storytelling and snacks.
- If there is more than one kid in a car, quarrels are inevitable. If possible, do not place kids on the nearby seats.
- To prevent body dehydrationtry to offer water to your kids more often.
- Kids may have motion sickness.Be ready for that.
Just follow our simple tips and your family road trip will give you a bunch of positive emotions.