Cultural holidays, the best way of spiritual and mental enrichment.
Cultural holidays is one of the most popular and beneficial type of holidays. They are aimed at studying the historical heritage and traditions of different peoples and countries of the world. Due to the money received from the cultural tourism, many countries try to preserve the architectural objects and habitual way of living.
Features of cultural tourism
Longing for knowledge has always been an essential part of human life. People have traveled many kilometers by land and sea in order to explore the world, discover new territories, and learn how other nations live. Ancient records that have become the property of mankind tell us about all this.
As in old times, when travelers were pushed to journeys by an irresistible desire for adventures, today most tourists choose cultural holidays in order to bate their curiosity. The natural interest to different cultures and nations is the main reason of cultural tourism.
Culture is a compound notion that cannot be understood only as the masterpieces created by artists, architects or nature itself but also as folk crafts, religious rituals, festivals, cuisine, etc. Thus, cultural tourism covers all aspects of the journey, during which person learns about the life, customs, and culture of local citizens.
Today many tourists think that such an active and beneficial leisure is much better than lying on the beach. Annually, millions of adventure seekers go on cultural holidays. This kind of tourism contributes to spiritual enrichment and broadening of horizon in comparison with other kinds of tourism.
Where to go for the cultural leisure?
A huge number of travel agencies offer enthralling tours to every taste and budget, because there are so many beautiful and unusual places in the world:
- Just imagine how interesting it is to see with your own eyes one of the Seven Wonders of the World – Taj Mahal – the pearl of India, a monument of immeasurable love built by Emperor Shah Jahan after the death of his beautiful wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- How exciting it is to walk along the Great Wall of China, the construction of which has been built for many centuries, and to simply look into the distance from the height.
- During visiting France, the homeland of great gourmets, it is simply impossible not to try the most popular cuisine of the planet. French chefs use variety of products, especially exotic ones, surprising the whole world with extraordinary dishes.
- Tibet, a symbol of the mysterious East, covered in ancient legends. Having come here at least once, you will completely change your view of many things.
- Even the third world countries can be great for rest. Such directions are sometimes the most attractive and inviting for cultural holidays.
Despite the fact that information about every country can be found in books and Internet, remember one thing: it is better to see once than hear a hundred times.