Top 7 useful travel apps to make your trip cheap, safe and comfortable
Planning a trip is not an easy task. In this case, useful apps are helping travelers with the most difficult situations. We have gathered the best mobile apps for you, to make every moment of your trip easier.
This is a free service, which helps you find the best deals on airline tickets, transfers and hotel booking. This application compares more than 700 airlines and gives information in a convenient form with the ability to sort by filters. Also supports complex search. Skyscanner is better to use when searching for tickets for international flights, especially to Europe and Asia.
- discounts and special offers;
- news portal in popular social networks;
- supports the forwarding function to the air carrier’s website.
- design of the application;
- there may be problems with updating the routes of flights;
- the «price for a month» option can display irrelevant prices.
Are you all alone in an unfamiliar city? And suddenly there is a person nearby, who would like to talk and organize an interesting tour around his native city? Couchsurfing is a kind of social network for travelers from all over the world. It is an application for a famous hospitality site of the same name. Find friends and people ready to host you among the 12 million inhabitants of 230 thousand cities around the world.
- convenient search by region and other important parameters;
- a lot of useful information about the participants: language, interests, education and other;
- recommendations, comments and reviews about the guest or host;
- you can master your foreign language:
- live communication with local people.
- in order to find a good couchsurfer, you need to spend time;
- you will never 100% know what kind of person and conditions are waiting for you;
- each person has his own view of the world and, sometimes, it is very different from the one you are used to.
№1 in the section «Travel» in more than 100 countries. Do not look for an airport official site to see whether it landed or not. Just look at the resource Flihgtradar24. This useful application allows real-time tracking of thousands of aircraft all around the world. There are free and paid versions with advanced functionality.
- on the site you can see the coordinates, altitude and speed of the aircraft;
- the map shows the distance traveled from the departure point;
- the service records the flight history for the past 28 days;
- works in web browsers and applications for gadgets;
- «view from the cockpit» mode.
- the options in the free version are very limited;
- there may be problems with the relevance of the data.
Uber is an American company that created a mobile application that allows you to call a taxi. App helps you with ordering a taxi in more than 500 cities around the world. Its peculiarity consists in the fact that every owner of driving license and car can become a taxi driver after registration on the service. Wherever you are, you can get to the right place in any city. In some countries, Uber is a motorcycle taxi, which can also be called up using the application.
- non-cash payment through the application;
- possibility to track the movement of the car to the specified address;
- affordability (in many countries Uber is cheaper than an ordinary taxi).
- Uber does not check taxi drivers and knows little about them;
- service is not responsible for drivers;
- senior Uber employees have access to all personal user data.
The application does not need a special representation for modern travelers; however, it is impossible not to attribute it to the category of «must have». Service with a convenient minimal interface and a number of interesting innovations. When issuing a search, there are few key results demonstrated: the fastest, most reliable and the cheapest options for a flight. The best deals on hotel booking, railway and air tickets purchase — it is all here in your pocket with OneTwoTrip. App proposes an interesting system of bonuses, which allows you to reduce the cost of travel.
- the rating of flights is shown;
- customer support after the purchase of tickets;
- you can return or exchange tickets on the site.
- absence of a number of low-cost airlines from the list of air carriers offered;
- unfinished system of bonuses;
- inactive answers to calls and emails.
You cannot travel without maps. However, the usual online options in international roaming will cost much. The solution is elementary and simple — offline resources. MAPS.ME is a map service, which does not need an Internet connection. There are maps of the whole world available: 345 countries and islands. Cafés, restaurants, museums, hospitals and dozens of other categories – MAPS.ME will help you find all this.
- modern design of the application;
- you do not need an Internet connection to use maps;
- the app will save not only time, but money;
- free navigator;
- the only map in the world, created collectively by people from all over the world.
- trouble uploading offline;
- consumes a lot of your gadget’s charge.
We hope that you will never need this application. Of course, no one is immune to the shock and inability to think and act quickly in a true emergency. Download this application, and you will always have a first aid in your gadget. It is a collection of instructions for first aid. In emergency cases, the application helps to quickly understand the symptoms and provide first aid.
In general, the program is aware of the symptoms of 52 illnesses, from the muscles pain after the gym to bone fractures and a stroke. The user can also export the diagnostic results to a PDF file and then show it to the doctor. And at the usual time, the First Aid application plays the role of a reference tool.
- the application is free for any mobile systems;
- analysis of symptoms, rapid diagnosis of potential health problems;
- consultation with a real doctor anywhere and anytime;
- the history of previously defined diagnoses persists;
- emergency ambulance call button.
- the application does not replace the full diagnostics of the doctor;
- you always need detailed research and analysis for an accurate diagnosis;
- the application is good for contingencies, but not for full treatment.