For English teachers: the best options in Asia to live and teach children
How about starting a teacher’s career in Taiwan?
Taiwan is one of the best places to start your career as a teacher, plunge into a new culture and experience new conditions of life. This country is known for the development of technology, its specific cuisine, a mountain scenery and of course the variety of jobs for European and American teachers. The work of the teacher is considered one of the most prestigious and highly paid; as Taiwan has low cost of living, you can save a significant amount of money.
- The monthly salary in Taiwan is 1,500-2,500 USD, while working from 20 to 30 teaching hours;
- excellent medical services;
- the cost of an apartment is approximately 150-350 USD per month;
- living expenses 2-5 USD per day.
Especially teachers are needed in primary schools. In order to be a teacher in Taiwan, you must have a higher pedagogical education with two years of experience. Also, the employer can provide you with housing, health care and pay for your flight. You can spend weekends in the mountains or sunbathing on the beach.
New life and opportunities in Thailand
Thailand is a very popular country among tourists all over the world. It is known for its nightlife, temples and palaces. Also, Thailand is famous for its cuisine. Delicious spicy food is sold on the streets of cities. Thais are very hospitable people. Because of its popularity, Thailand is considered a rather expensive country for life. But the possibilities in this country in the field of teaching are very popular and accessible to everyone who wishes and wants to use his/her potential. Thai children willingly learn English and Western culture.
- Monthly salary in Thailand is 800-1,200 USD for working 40 hours at a public school, but only 18 of those hours will be spent teaching;
- to work here it is necessary to have a bachelor’s degree;
- one-room apartment will cost about 100-300 USD per month;
- living expenses 5-10 USD per day.
Teachers who work in schools in Thailand receive a huge work experience and also discover new knowledge about the culture of this country.
Find your place among the billion people in China
China is one of the most popular countries for tourists. There, we can see and discover an ancient culture preserved for centuries. As it is known, China can boast large population. The labor market in China is very profitable for foreign teachers. Everyone in China wants to learn English, as it is an international language and opens up new opportunities. Teachers’ salaries are quite high, and this makes it possible to save money and compensate expenses.
- Monthly salary in China is 1,200-2,800 USD teaching 16-30 hours at an after school academy;
- the employer can provide housing and reimburse the cost of the flight;
- you can get a job with just a high school degree;
- one-bedroom apartment costs about 300-600 USD per month;
- living expenses 5-10 USD per day.
Work in China will give new opportunities and a good position in the labor market. And first of all you will be able to achieve success, develop your skills and realize yourself as a teacher.
To summarize, I can say that the best option is life and teaching in Taiwan. So, in Taiwan teachers have a good salary, medical support and quite cheap living. In China, there are also good salaries, but rather expensive living and working only with a high school degree. And Thailand is third in our top because of fairly low salaries, expensive living and a bachelor’s degree required.