Macao Gambling City: a Trip to Chinese Las Vegas
Macao is an absolutely unique place, where Western and Southern cultures are mixed in an incredibly amazing way. Located only in 40 miles from Hong Kong, China, Macao gambling city is easily accessible for millions of tourists. What makes Macao special? How to get the most of your trip? Find out a number of handy tips on how to make your voyage unforgettable.
How Can You Get to Macao?
The easiest way to reach there is using a ferry from Hong Kong. It usually takes an hour and will bring you right to Cotai terminal. The schedule is really convenient: ferry operators travel every 15 minutes, so you will not have to wait your transport for hours. Furthermore, Macao has its own airport, which operates a number of flights mostly from some Asian countries. When it comes to choosing the duration of your vacation, it is better to spend 2-3 days in Macao.
What Language Do Most Citizens of Macao Speak?
Although the district’s official languages are Portuguese and Cantonese, English is widely understandable by most locals.
What Currency Should You Use?
Pataca is Macao’s main currency. However, Hong Kong dollars are also used and accepted.
Macao: Gambling Paradise
There is nothing new that Macao is a true Mecca for millions of gamblers from all over the world. Since the district can boast a whopping list of over 40 different casinos, it might be difficult to choose the best option for you. What are the most popular casinos in Macao?
– City of Dreams. Being one of the most exclusive casinos in the region, City of Dreams will impress you with numerous luxurious hotels, bright restaurants, shows and, surely, casinos. The gaming floor is the biggest in Macao, so you will easily find high rollers and experienced gamblers there while sipping your martini.
– Venetian Casino Resort. This place is the biggest casino worldwide. Italian style, awesome number of shops and a grand hotel with over 3000 rooms are right here for your convenience.
– Wynn Macao. Exceptional design and high bets make this casino the most popular choice for high rollers.
– The Sands. Another hot spot for those who want to try Macao gambling. An enormous gambling hall with plenty of tables offer bets for any budget.
– Grand Lisboa. A classical luxurious Macao casino with an outstanding architecture attracts its visitors with top hotel, cool restaurants and plenty of gambling opportunities.
When is the Best Time to Visit Macao?
The greatest time for your vacation to Macao is from October to November, since this period is cooler than spring or summer heat. Not to mention, typhoons might occur from May to September. Furthermore, it is better to avoid visiting the district on public holidays, because the main sightseeing and casinos are likely to be overcrowded.
Being a popular tourist center, Macao is an absolutely safe place to visit. However, take care of your documents, credit cards and wallet as you usually do in any big city.
What are the Best Places to Visit, Except Macao Casino?
Macao offers a wide range of awesome places not only for professional gamblers, but also for common tourists. Macao Tower is the highest point of the city that has a stunning observation lounge will definitely take you breath away. St Paul Church, Kun lan Temple, Macao Museum and Old Fisherman’s Wharf are the other popular city’s landmarks. Old Taipa Village with its colonial buildings and temples might also bring you plenty of unforgettable memories.
Macao’s Local Cuisine
The best spots for trying local cuisine are cafes and restaurants rather than hotel menu. Here you will be able to try an exceptional mix of Chinese and Portuguese cuisine that can easily make your mouth watering.
Macao Gambling City has a developed transport system with hotel shuttle buses, available for free, as well as numerous taxis. Note: it is better to find out the needed address in the Internet in Chinese and show it to your driver.
All in all, Macao offers plenty of different types of accommodation for even limited budgets. From small hostels to luxurious hotels are available for any tourist from all over the world.